Skip to main content

Finding Courage

K was determined to climb on top of the large log and walk across. Despite the obvious size difference between Kara and the log, she took many precautions as she started her journey to the top of the log. 

"I need W to move. It's hard with two people."


K allowed W to climb up first. She watched how he moved both his hands and his feet to make his way on top of tree trunk. 

"It's so big. I am scared!"

K was very nervous to climb up by herself. She would look around nervously before moving her hands or feet. 

"I can't do it."



With some words of encouragement K finally made it on top. 

"I made it! I think it would be better if I stood up."



K stood up and got a very worried look on her face. 

"It's too high. I'm so scared."

After a few seconds she thought of another way she could get across the log. The task seemed daunting. 

"I think I can do it like this. I'm still scared."


She slowly made her way across the tree trunk. She allowed her hands and knees press into the deep grooves of the trunk. With each movement, she became a little more confident. 


"I did it! I can stand up! Look look!"


"I did it, I am the queen!"

K did it! She took her time to get across the log experimenting with different ways to do it. At first, she was quite nervous. By the end K was excited to get back up and try again. She continued to tell herself "I can do it"  as she climbed. Self talk is an amazing thing, especially when it helps you find confidence & courage!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 Pine Room Fun!

For our invitations we have our small world were we can tell stories about what our families like to do outside. In our dramatic play we are showing how we can care for others, including our baby dolls. Outside we are checking out how fun our giant snail and mud kitchen are.

Welcome to week 2

 Welcome back Pine Families to week 2! We will continue exploring how we can play and care for friends and family.

Happy First Day of School 24-25!

 Welcome Pine Families to our 24-25 school year! We are so happy to have your kiddos back in our room. It is so amazing to see how much they have grown physically AND socially, emotionally, and academically!