Skip to main content

Snow!

What a beautiful snowy day! During meeting time we talked about how we can prepare ourselves to play in the snow. 
"We need to wear hats!"
"And we need gloves. I brought gloves with me!"
"I have boots too! I want to wear my boots."
"I don't have boots, can I have some?" 
"We need our coats!"

After finding all of our appropriate clothing to wear the boys headed outside to check out the freshly fallen snow. 






The boys checked out different parts of the front of school noticing their footprints they left behind going from one thing to another. 


"Look, I made these tracks with my feet! I just did this with my feet."
M modeled how he shuffled his feet through the snow to create long drawn out tracks. 
"You can't even tell they are my feet!"



"It's so cold!"
"It keeps falling down."
"I love to play in the snow."
"Let's make a snowman!"
"We can't make a snowman."

We continued to talk about all of the different things we can do in the snow and how to stay prepared for snowy days in the future. Such a fun day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 Pine Room Fun!

For our invitations we have our small world were we can tell stories about what our families like to do outside. In our dramatic play we are showing how we can care for others, including our baby dolls. Outside we are checking out how fun our giant snail and mud kitchen are.

Celebration!

Happy Monday! Today we started something new before dismissing to go home. Instead of reading a book or shaking our sillies out, we are going to start celebrating our successes for the day! We start off by dancing to Kool & The Gang's "Celebration" and then move into talking about something to celebrate that happened at school. Because it was the first day, it was a little difficult to think of something to celebrate. I imagine by Thursday the ideas will be flowing! Enjoy the dance party from today's first celebration! 

Cookin' in the Mud Kitchen

  It's always fun to watch kids engage in pretend play at school. One of my favorite places to observe their play is on the hillside in the mud kitchen. It is a place that every child seems to know exactly what to do with the materials inside. Today, L took the time to problem solve a few things and show off her cooking skills in the kitchen.  She started off by serving some of her friends and then getting back to work. In the video you can see how she navigates the environment with ease, but also takes the time to problem solve where she will get more "food." She encounters some barriers, but with a little guidance she pursued and stuck with the activity most of our time out on the hillside. She made comments to her friends, asked questions, and engaged in a lot of self talk.  Pretend play is such an important part of development for all young children. It expands play skills and gives them a little taste of what the world is like outside of school.  Have a safe, fu...