Skip to main content

Self Portraits

Oops! Please forgive me in forgetting to publish yesterday's post! Fortunately, we continued on self portraits again today. 

Yesterday and today the kids worked on their pictures. This second round of self portraits have been very fascinating to watch. 

Many of the kids, like S, have been concentrating very hard in adding detail to to their pictures. Yesterday, S started with a detail not many friends usually start with, her hair. 



"I'm starting with my braids first. I have a lot of them and want them to be on my picture."


She continued to work purposefully and adding detail to her face. 
"I am making my cheeks, and oh my eyebrows! I also need a big smile."








Each child took the time to really look at their face in the mirror and try to recreate that on the paper. They would comment on what they saw and how they could represent that with the black marker. It's so amazing to see such transformations in each child's drawings. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 Pine Room Fun!

For our invitations we have our small world were we can tell stories about what our families like to do outside. In our dramatic play we are showing how we can care for others, including our baby dolls. Outside we are checking out how fun our giant snail and mud kitchen are.

Welcome to week 2

 Welcome back Pine Families to week 2! We will continue exploring how we can play and care for friends and family.

Happy First Day of School 24-25!

 Welcome Pine Families to our 24-25 school year! We are so happy to have your kiddos back in our room. It is so amazing to see how much they have grown physically AND socially, emotionally, and academically!