Skip to main content

Back in the Kitchen

Good morning and happy Wednesday! I am so happy some of the Pine friends are able to connect with teachers today! I can't wait to hear all of the stories and see your smiling faces. It makes me extra excited for Thursday's class ZOOM! 

Yesterday, I was feeling pretty hungry after working for a few hours so I wandered into the kitchen. I opened up my refrigerator and saw that I had a mound of blackberries on the top shelf. I quickly realized Connor and I would not be able to eat all of them in time. But what else can we do with them? After some brainstorming, we came up with an idea: sorbet! 

In the video below you can watch as the plump blackberries turn into a smooth frozen treat in just a matter of minutes (thanks to movie magic, of course)! 




I hope you all can find something in your kitchen to make today. What's your favorite thing to eat? Can you help a family member make it? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 Pine Room Fun!

For our invitations we have our small world were we can tell stories about what our families like to do outside. In our dramatic play we are showing how we can care for others, including our baby dolls. Outside we are checking out how fun our giant snail and mud kitchen are.

Celebration!

Happy Monday! Today we started something new before dismissing to go home. Instead of reading a book or shaking our sillies out, we are going to start celebrating our successes for the day! We start off by dancing to Kool & The Gang's "Celebration" and then move into talking about something to celebrate that happened at school. Because it was the first day, it was a little difficult to think of something to celebrate. I imagine by Thursday the ideas will be flowing! Enjoy the dance party from today's first celebration! 

Cookin' in the Mud Kitchen

  It's always fun to watch kids engage in pretend play at school. One of my favorite places to observe their play is on the hillside in the mud kitchen. It is a place that every child seems to know exactly what to do with the materials inside. Today, L took the time to problem solve a few things and show off her cooking skills in the kitchen.  She started off by serving some of her friends and then getting back to work. In the video you can see how she navigates the environment with ease, but also takes the time to problem solve where she will get more "food." She encounters some barriers, but with a little guidance she pursued and stuck with the activity most of our time out on the hillside. She made comments to her friends, asked questions, and engaged in a lot of self talk.  Pretend play is such an important part of development for all young children. It expands play skills and gives them a little taste of what the world is like outside of school.  Have a safe, fu...