Skip to main content

Virtual Forest Day!

Do you guys remember when we would go to the forest on Tuesdays? Well, it's been a long time since we have been able to go as a class, but Ms. Liz from the front office took a trip there for us! This isn't the same forest we typically go to, but it is one close by. Join a virtual tour with Ms. Liz!

Forest Day- A River Walk

Check out the video linked below to see Ms. Liz go on a walk through the forest!


On my Forest Day, I went walking on my family’s property in Leasburg, Missouri through the forest right down to the Meramec River. While I saw lots of cool stuff that can be seen in the video such as flowers, deer tracks, and a very beautiful Meramec River, on my walk back to the campsite I saw lots more!

During my walk down to the river I saw many different deer footprints. In fact, I followed the deer prints all the way down to the river! 
But on my way back I saw prints from a very different type of animal. These are turkey footprints! I hoped that I would see a turkey, but no luck...but I found something else!
A turkey feather!


Look at this over the trail..it’s a tree bridge! I wonder if animals use this to get over the trail…


But this bridge is too small for me to go over, so I had to go under the bridge.

One last thing to share. In the forest I found this little forest pond. Isn’t it so lovely? I did not see any animals or footprints around it or anything so I did not think there were any pond residents…


But then I saw these sticks around the pond. Look closely, does it look like something chewed on part of the sticks or pulled bark off of them? What sort of animal do you think would do that? Are there animals that eat or chew on bark that would live in or near a pond? What do you guys think?

Thank you for joining me on my walk through the forest today, I hope you guys enjoyed watching my walk! I really miss you, my friends. Nothing brings me more joy than seeing you kiddos at school, hearing your stories, and getting classroom visits to the office. I hope to get to see you again soon and until then, stay safe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 Pine Room Fun!

For our invitations we have our small world were we can tell stories about what our families like to do outside. In our dramatic play we are showing how we can care for others, including our baby dolls. Outside we are checking out how fun our giant snail and mud kitchen are.

Welcome to week 2

 Welcome back Pine Families to week 2! We will continue exploring how we can play and care for friends and family.

Happy First Day of School 24-25!

 Welcome Pine Families to our 24-25 school year! We are so happy to have your kiddos back in our room. It is so amazing to see how much they have grown physically AND socially, emotionally, and academically!