Skip to main content

What I Made in the Kitchen

I'll be honest, some days I am very bored and can't always think of something to do. Like all of you, I am staying home to stay healthy and I don't always want to. I wish I could go for a hike, go to library, or even just go to a favorite store to go shopping. It just isn't an option right now. My mom was a huge influence for today's video. She always reminded me that it wasn't a bad thing to be bored and often told me to "figure it out" when I complained. She always told me there were plenty of things to do, I just had to go looking for them. In this video, I did exactly that! 



I am so thankful for the times I was bored growing up and still even as an adult. It forces me to slow down and really think about what I can do even when I think there isn't anything to do. I am thinking about you all and hope you too are staying safe and well, even if you are a little bored 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 Pine Room Fun!

For our invitations we have our small world were we can tell stories about what our families like to do outside. In our dramatic play we are showing how we can care for others, including our baby dolls. Outside we are checking out how fun our giant snail and mud kitchen are.

Celebration!

Happy Monday! Today we started something new before dismissing to go home. Instead of reading a book or shaking our sillies out, we are going to start celebrating our successes for the day! We start off by dancing to Kool & The Gang's "Celebration" and then move into talking about something to celebrate that happened at school. Because it was the first day, it was a little difficult to think of something to celebrate. I imagine by Thursday the ideas will be flowing! Enjoy the dance party from today's first celebration! 

Cookin' in the Mud Kitchen

  It's always fun to watch kids engage in pretend play at school. One of my favorite places to observe their play is on the hillside in the mud kitchen. It is a place that every child seems to know exactly what to do with the materials inside. Today, L took the time to problem solve a few things and show off her cooking skills in the kitchen.  She started off by serving some of her friends and then getting back to work. In the video you can see how she navigates the environment with ease, but also takes the time to problem solve where she will get more "food." She encounters some barriers, but with a little guidance she pursued and stuck with the activity most of our time out on the hillside. She made comments to her friends, asked questions, and engaged in a lot of self talk.  Pretend play is such an important part of development for all young children. It expands play skills and gives them a little taste of what the world is like outside of school.  Have a safe, fu...